There are various things you should look out for as you purchase a guitar amp. Here, we will discuss what the top 5 best guitar amps are.
These are determined by the sole purpose of why you want to get an amp.
Maybe you now want to switch to a portable, battery oriented amp.
Or maybe, you just want to possess a variety of amps. Maybe you want it for general practice as a beginner.
Also Read: Best Acoustic Guitar Amps-The Top 5 List
The purpose why you need one determines the price you are willing to pay, the size of the amp, its construction as well as the effects and reverb among a few things.
If you are not familiar with the term guitar amp, it’s simply a device that is electrical in nature and that brings out sound through loudspeakers by amplifying weak electric signals into strong ones.
The sources of the signals are either electric, bass or acoustic guitar.
There are four types of guitar amplifiers namely, the tube, solid-state, modeling and hybrid amplifiers.
A particular amp type produces tone by making use of various and distinct technology.
Guitar amplifiers also contain different speaker configurations that determine the nature of your tone.
Let’s look at examples of 5 best guitar amps in detail.
1. Valeton Guitar Amplifier Head TAR-20G Amp
This amplifier is the first guitar type of amplifier to ever be manufactured by the company.
It weighs 826 g and measures 180 mm × 95 mm × 35 mm in depth, width, and height respectively. It possesses a maximum power output of 20 W and has 8/16 Ohms compatible speaker output. Its power supply utilizes 18 V DC and 1500mA.
The reverb is flexible with a very wide range. It contains a wide tonal range and allows AUX IN jack for playing with your best backing tracks. It also contains an FX loop for expanded effects.
- Compact and very portable because it’s very lightweight for most amplifiers
- It’s features are easy to utilize
- Has the ability to generate shockingly beautiful sound
- Very affordable
- Comes with reverb and amp gain that maintains very clear sound
- Doesn’t mute speakers output as you manipulate headphone output
- Output headphones jack with cab simulation which allows you to not disturb others with noise
- Lacks an FX loop bypass so that you can play clean as you leave everything connected
2. NUX Mighty 8BT 8Watt portable electric guitar amplifier
This is an 8 Watt and 6.5” speaker amplifier that has clean, distortion and overdrive sound.
It comes with a Bluetooth connection as well as Guitar and Microphone channels.
It combines mod, delay, and reverb together.
The NUX Mighty amplifier weighs 7.37 pounds and measures 12.7 × 11.8 × 7.8 inches.
The amplifier utilizes 12 Volts or 6 double AA batteries.
- It brings out amazing clean, overdrive and distortion tone
- The sound and effects are incredible
- It’s affordable
- Works with a 110 to 240 V adapter which makes it usable in places of higher voltage
- Comes with an adapter
- Allows you to manipulate backing tracks
- Comes without a separate microphone input
- Bad control of the echo control slider
3. Roland Micro Cube GX 3 -watt-1-channel 1×5” Battery Powered Guitar Combo Amplifier
The Roland amplifiers manufacturing company has been around for a long time.
It contains an i-Cube link that you can utilize with mac devices.
The amp weighs 6 pounds and measures 6.8 × 9.8 × 8.9 inches.
It makes use of 4 AA batteries and features a 3 W power supply.
It contains 8 COSM amp tones and 8 DSP effects.
The amplifier comes with a memory function which you can use to store amp and effects alterations.
It also comes with 5 different EFX.
- It offers more playing time using batteries
- It’s very portable
- Has a variety of effects
- Difficult to make use of the voice microphone and the guitar amplifier simultaneously
- A battery-powered multi-track is essential for playing and amplifying a lot of tracks
4. Universal Audio OX Reactive Amp
This is a 19.55 pounds amplifier that measures 22× 13 × 12 inches.
It contains virtually inserted mics and cabs alongside dynamic speaker modeling.
The amplifier has five guitar amp attenuation levels.
- It produces good quality sound
- Has an incredible tone range
- Brings with it a lot of adjustments that you can work with
- Doesn’t function with Android products
- Comes without V 30 s cabs and Boogie 4 × 12 cab emulations
- Allows low gain
5. BOSS Katana Compact 7-Watt Guitar Amplifier
This is a battery oriented and portable guitar amplifier.
It utilizes 4 AA batteries.
The Katakana amplifier measures 4.2 × 2.7 × 3.7 inches and weighs 3.31 pounds.
It contains three different amp types which are Brown, Crunch, and Clean.
The amplifier comes with a traditional analog EQ and an embedded tape-style delay.
It also contains a genuine huge stage analog gain circuit.
- High gain
- Allows you to play along with online videos and music tracks by utilizing the supplementary input
- Has the ability to bring forth an organic sound
- Can’t produce output for both speaker and recording at the same time
- Not portable
- Only sounds better when the volume is maximum
- Does not come with an adapter
- It offers few options to manipulate
Also Read: Top 5 Best Guitar Tuners For Beginners
In conclusion, there are many guitar amplifiers to select from.
All you have to do is clearly define your purpose for acquisition.
If you are a beginner and you want to perfect your guitar skills, there is really no need to go for an overpriced amplifier.
In addition, it is always advisable to purchase a new guitar amplifier to a second hand one.
This will allow you to be the first person to enjoy the best fresh sound output.
More Articles To Read Below:
The major seventh guitar chord or (Fmaj7 guitar chord) is made from four different types
How many guitar lessons do you need to be considered a pretty decent guitarist? Well,
What are the top 5 best electric guitar strings in 2020? First, let’s start with
Learning how to play songs on the guitar is probably the only reason anyone wants